Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

So yesterday was Easter. I spent much of it outdoors with our two dogs. While the dogs played in the grass, I scrubbed the patio, I scrubbed our patio chairs and hosed them down, I cleaned the BBQ grill, I swept old leaves from the patio and I planted some tomato and cantaloupe seeds (my first attempt at anything resembling gardening). Then I sat down in my newly cleaned chairs and soaked up the warm sunshine.

My husband is not much for yard work. Oh, he rolls the trash can to the curb and mows, but he'll happily leave the gardening, flower tending and watering to me. After my work was done, though, he sat with me and together we watched our dogs romp in the yard.

As I sat there, I couldn't help but wonder, whether a year from now, might we be parents to a new baby....celebrating baby's first Easter? I won't be washing the patio, that's for sure!

One can always hope.

No comments: