Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Gearing Up

The beginning of my FET cycle is around the corner. Friday I go for an U/S, then I expect the Clinic will give the thumbs-up to start BCPs. A week or so later I should start the Lupron. Then the Delestrogen and other meds. My uterine lining should get all plumped up and ready to welcome with open arms three gorgeous little embies.

Somewhere inside me I am really REALLY! excited about all of this. I just feel like it is going to work like a well-oiled machine. Like my uterus has just been waiting for healthy little embies to show up, and then all will be well. Like, of course, duh, I will be pregnant by June.

Yet, some other part of me feels....I don't know....indifferent? Unemotional? Maybe it is the fear of being too hopeful. People who are too hopeful tend to have the rug pulled out from under them.

So I calmly stare at the box of pills, vials, syringes and capsules that await me. Maybe it will become more real after my first injection (ouch!). At the moment, though, I am in a weird state of mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm presuming from the LFCA announcement these are donor embies!! If so, all the best! Its the best, most exciting feeling in the uter-verse to have the beautiful opportunity to use someone else's embryos. After 2.3 years of cycling, 5 miscarriages and 1 stillbirth, I'm smack dab in the middle of my first donor embryo FET. There are a sh#tton of success stories out there and I really hope you and I are one of them!! I hear you on the hope thing though. She's a real b#tch!

Good luck mate.