Monday, May 18, 2009

Waiting, Planning and Dreaming

Thank you everyone for your consolation and suggestions about the IM shots. I'm definitely going to give the ice and heat a try.

Today is another day of waiting for test results. My estradiol level was high on Friday, so we reduced the Delestrogen dosage. I had follow up b/w this morning to see where my level is now.

On the bright side, our RE emailed me over the weekend. She wanted to discuss how many embryos to thaw, to confirm how many we want to transfer, and whether we wanted to transfer the day of the thaw or let them culture over night. It's always exciting to get an email from her because she discusses the embryos and I love reading and hearing about them. Oh, my darling little 3-day, 8 cell A grade, how are you, my love? And little 3-day, 7 cell B grade, I can't wait to meet you! You know, I get all maternal.

Although we haven't yet been given the final green light (because of the estradiol level) my DH and I talked about the trip and what we need to do and things we should do. He said that after the transfer, I need to learn to relax. He's right. For my own sake and for the sake of trying to get pregnant. I tend to be high energy, I am a definite Type A, and sometimes little things that shouldn't be a big deal get under my skin and - ahem - I admit that I sometimes overreact. For his part, he said he would do what he could and whatever I needed him to do to help me. I appreciated that.

He wanted to know when the baby would be born - presuming this transfer works (always the "if" in the back of our minds). Then at some point he asked me at which hospital I would likely have the baby. I said, "Memorial" and he said, "Oh, I wish it were ABC Hospital because it's much closer. And I said, "No...I hate ABC Hospital and I don't trust those people and I want to have it at Memorial." He paused. He thought. He said, "Memorial is downtown do we get there?"

I suddenly realized he's already thinking ahead, worried and concerned about getting us to the hospital in time for the birth. I had to laugh. It was really cute. I said, "Don't worry, there's plenty of time to figure out the route to the hospital and I promise you'll know before the time comes." I like seeing that he's as excited about this as I am.

So today is waiting and planning and dreaming of what might be.


Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so hopeful that this will all work out! And it is wonderful to have a doc that emails - apparently my clinic is stuck in the dark ages. They do get back to me on the phone, but sometimes I'd just like to send a little email question.

I love how responsible your DH is being and EXCELLENT that he respected your hospital choice without a hiccup (as he should). Hope your levels all get to the right places soon!

IVF 40+ said...

I am so excited for you! Keep dreaming and hoping.

cindyhoo2 said...

So sweet about your husband and I am still so hoping that you get to do the transfer this week.

If I may be so bold as to make a couple of calming suggestions for your 2ww: get Eat, Pray Love as a book on tape.... it engages and calms me every time; OR buy some David Sedaris books... totally escapist silliness.

Sending you more love and luck.